Have you ever wondered what the SPTs do? Here is your chance to find out and to participate in an SPT meeting. The congregation is invited to attend the June 12 SPT meeting, held in Large Fellowship Hall from 6pm to 7pm. There are five SPTs; Worship, Mission, Member Engagement, Fellowship and Education and each works hard to assist the Session in the work of Central. Please join us at this next meeting.
Come learn about this mission and the people who are serving together to help improve food insecurity in Zambia. Link here to watch a video about Charles’ and Melissa’s mission
- June 4 Gender Equity in 2017 Introduction – Dr. Sue Graham, Central Member
- June 11 Poverty, Hunger & Homelessness – Jennifer Layton, Executive Director Lafayette Transitional Housing Center
- June 18 Violence Against Women – Rebecca Wellner, Director – YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter
- June 25 Affordable & Competent Child Care – Dr. Patricia Boling, Purdue University
- July 2 No Session
- July 9 Maternal and Infant Health Care – Analei Whitlock, Purdue Nurse Practitioner
- July 16 Continuing Gender Wage Gap -Emily Martinez, Purdue PhD Student
- July 23 Under-Representation in Politics – Shelia Klinker, Sally Siegrist, Kathy Parker and Nancy Nargi
- July 30 Women’s Issues and the Bible – Pastor Lucia Oerter -Central Presbyterian
The Habitat for Humanity home building season is underway. Central has a long history of supporting and participating in providing affordable housing in our area and will again this fall by joining with of other local churches in the Apostles’ Build. Each church sponsor, in addition to working on the home, has set a goal to raise $3,000 for the materials. We will be asking for ‘workers’ later in the summer, but are asking now for your assistance in meeting our financial commitment by August 1st.
To help out please send your donation either directly to Habitat for Humanity, 420 South 1st Street, Lafayette, IN 47905 or send/bring your gift to Central, 31 N 7th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901. Which ever way you choose, it is important that you designate that your donation is for the Apostles’ Build/Central Presbyterian on the check memo line or on your envelope. All support will be greatly appreciated. As we learn more details of our home build, we will keep everyone updated.
For more information call the church office or contact Lew Graham.